|Class II biological safety cabinet for operator and product protection
- Ducted or recirculatory models available
- Optimal visibility and comfort
- Easy access to the working area with removable work surface for cleaning
- Clear-view, frameless sash counter-balanced for one hand operation
- High quality construction at an affordable price
- Long-life ULPA-filters for supply and exhaust air
- ISO Class 3 laminar air flow to working area
- State-of-the-art electronic management system
- Bright light without glare
Our range of Class II biological safety cabinets has been
designed to provide operator, product and environment protection and are suitable for all applications requiring Biosafety level 1,2 and 3 protection. The cabinets are
available as ducted or recirculatory models. Exhausted air is drawn through two
HEPA filters (99.999% for particle sizes of 0.1 to 0.3 µm) prior to exhaust to the
laboratory environment or through facility ducting. Operator protection is assured by a system that draws room air past the operator and into the cabinet through the front grille without mixing it with working area air. The inflow air velocity, downflow air velocity, airflow path and intake geometry are precisely tuned and tested to create an optimum air current at the front of the cabinet that protects the operator from exposure to potentially hazardous materials inside the cabinet. The working area is in turn blanketed in clean, sterile air to prevent product contamination.
These cabinets are
ergonomically designed for operator comfort and include tube lighting behind
opaque dispersers to provide uniform, shadow-free lighting. The unit has a
sliding visor for easy cleaning and access to the working area. Cabinet airflow is continuously monitored and displayed on an LCD panel and both visible and audible alarms are incorporated to warn of a malfunction or unsafe airflow conditions.
- ULPA filters meet European Standard EN 1822 for performance testing and filtration efficiency
- Cabinet design, construction and performance comply with BS EN 12469:2000
- Cabinet body: 1.2 mm 16 gauge electro-galvanized steel with white oven-baked epoxy powder-coated finish
- Interior: 1.5 mm 16 gauge stainless 304 steel with 4B finish
- Sash: 5 mm thick UV-absorbing tempered glass
Ducted cabinet (BDTWO)
The Bigneat ducted Class II biological safety cabinets vent a proportion of the circulated air to building ductwork air via ULPA filters. This filtration traps infectious or dangerous biohazard particles which could otherwise be released to the environment.
The BDTWO ducted cabinet comes in two model types. The G model is supplied with tempered glass side walls for increased visibility and has a multi-piece work surface that can can be easily removed for decontamination. The S model interior is formed from one piece of stainless steel with large radius corners for easy cleaning and decontamination. Contains a single piece removable work surface. The G model is available with a width of 900 cm or 1200 cm. The S model is only available with a width of 1200 cm.
Recirculatory cabinet (BRTWO)
No ducting is required with the Bigneat ducted Class II recirculatory biological safety cabinet as double ULPA exhaust filters provide optimum cleaning of air before it is returned to the laboratory environment. Additional protection is provided by the incorporation of two blowers that ensure safe operation even if one blower fails. This model is only available with stainless steel side walls and with a width of 1200 cm.
- UV lamp (254 nm) operated through control panel
- Support stand (73 cm or 84 cm) high with leveling feet or castors
- Service outlet (air, gas or vacuum)
- Electrical socket
- Formalin vaporizer system
Please click here to download a copy of the Biological Safety Cabinets brochure